Whether you are a general or specialized contractor
, you happen to be at the core of the Régie du bâtiment du Québec (RBQ)’s activities.
The quality of the work and the safety of the public: goals we are both aiming at.
The activities of the Régie du bâtiment du Québec (RBQ) relate to you directly. It is the RBQ who:
- Issues the licence enabling you to carry out your professional activities.
- Offers support to the future contractors in the process they need to follow in order to qualify themselves for issuance of a licence.
- Ensures that your work is performed in compliance with the laws, regulations and codes which are applicable to your field of activity.
- Answers your inquiries related to the interpretation of the various Construction Code articles, and informs you about the amendments to the regulations.
- Carries out actions as a result of any substantiated complaint on your part regarding a contractor who is engaged in unfair competition, for instance by working without a licence.