Synonyms of adventure and fun, amusement park and mechanical rides rarely run short of strong sensations! The public must nevertheless remain wary of hazards which they may pose.
Observe the safety guidelines
The accidents related to mechanical rides are sometimes caused by the behaviour of the users. Here are a few tips that will help you avoid injuries, before, during and after your ride.
Before the ride
- Circulate only within the public spaces, and respect the physical boundaries around the rides.
- Read and follow the instructions displayed at the entrance. If you are accompanied by young children, take the time to explain thoroughly the rules regarding safety.
- Do not hesitate to ask the operator of the ride about the procedures set out that are applicable to users with special needs.
- Comply with the use, age, height and particularly weight restrictions to determine if the ride is appropriate for you or the children you are minding.
- Do not let anyone put pressure on you to go on a ride. If a ride does not suit you, choose another one!
- Avoid consuming alcohol or drugs. It is forbidden to smoke aboard rides.
- Remove any item that might fall during the ride (sunglasses, hat, jewels, etc.), and if your hair is long, make sure to tie it well; also avoid wearing ample clothes that may get caught in mechanical components.
During the ride
- Use all safety equipment offered. Buckle your belt, and double check it to make sure that it is buckled tight. If a piece of equipment does not appear to be in good working order to you, do not hesitate to notify the operator about it.
- Keep all parts of the body inside the ride at all times.
- If you are minding young children, make sure that they are set in the ride in a stable position.
- Remain seated if the ride has a seat. Never try to stand upright for the thrill of it.
- If the ride stops temporarily, as a result of a breakdown or a failure, wait for the ride to resume, or pay attention to any instruction given by the ride operator.
- Never throw objects away when you are inside the ride, and do not attempt to recover any object which accidentally fell off the ride.
- Always listen to and comply with the instructions of the operator.
After the ride
- Remain inside the ride until it arrives at the point of disembarkation and it has come to a full stop. If the ride stops before the point of disembarkation, wait for the instructions of the operator.
- Do not run near the ride once you have disembarked it.
- If you feel a discomfort after the ride, or have noticed an anomaly, immediately notify the operator or the facility’s security agent about it.
Keep yourself well hydrated as the day progresses. If you feel tired, stop and take a break. When you are exhausted and less alert, the risks of accident will increase.