Régie du bâtiment du Québec

  • Fr

Searching for a contractor or a licence number: consult the Licence holders' repertory.

According to our language policy​​​​​​​, only certain contents may be translated. Visit the French version to obtain all the information.

Filing a complaint

If you see something that represents a risk for the safety of the public, have problems with a contractor or have doubts that work was carried out without a licence, you may notify the Régie du bâtiment du Québec (RBQ).

Risks for the safety of the public

You see a situation that could jeopardize the safety of the public, for example risks of electric shocks, fire or fall? Complete the online form Complaint concerning public safety.

Problems with a contractor

If your contractor held a licence at the time of the work for which you are dissatisfied, you can file a complaint against them if they do not implement corrective measures. File the online form Complaint concerning the services delivered by your contractor. However, this complaint will not allow you to be compensated, but you will allow us to record this incident in the RBQ file of this contractor.

If you are seeking compensation, visit the Problems with your contractor page for all the steps to follow.

New house or condo

If a contractor fails to meet their contractual obligations, you may make a claim from the Guarantee Plan for New Residential Buildings. Go to section Make a claimThis link open an external website of the Régie du bâtiment du Québec in a new window. on the Guarantee Plan’s website.

Unlicensed work

If you see someone performing work without holding a licence, complete the online form Filing a complaint relating to unlicensed work.

Situations where the RBQ cannot take action

Some issues that you experience are outside the RBQ’s mandate. However, certain other organizations may help you with these.