The Régie du bâtiment du Québec (RBQ) adopted a new strategic plan for 2018 to 2023.
This plan provides not only a description of the organization, its actions and its accomplishments, but also its challenges, orientations and strategic objectives for the next five years.
Consult the 2018-2023 Strategic Plan [Fr] – PDF (2,9 MB) and the synoptic table of the 2018-2023 Strategic Plan [Fr] – PDF (143 KB).
The prioritized organizational challenges emphasize on the innovation and enhancement of safety standards. Moreover, they reflect the RBQ’s concern to improve the quality of the services offered to the public and the organization’s practices, as well as strengthen the employees’ competence.
A framework for action counting on prevention in order to ensure compliance with laws and regulations
The RBQ aims to be proactive in its activities while favouring collaboration with the industry. To do so, it will work to:
- increase surveillance efficiency in regard to buildings and installations conformity and safety
- support the clients’ innovative practices in construction and renovation
- strengthen the partnerships regarding the quality of construction, the safety of buildings and the qualifications of contractors.
Client-oriented quality services
In order to improve client experience, the RBQ will:
- adapt services to the clients’ changing needs
- provide clients and partners with understandable and accessible information
- consolidate its role and expertise.
A mobilized personnel working in an efficient organization
The RBQ counts on its employees’ expertise and on a better organizational efficiency. To do so, it undertakes to:
- provide the organization with decision-making tools
- promote commitment, skills improvement and knowledge transfer of employees
- ensure a better consistency of its activities.