2.7 Contractor – Sitework
This subclass authorizes construction sitework relating to site preparation and finishing such as alignment, levelling, fences, demolition, paving and asphalting, installation of pavers as well as similar or related construction work.
This subclass authorizes, without exceeding the regulatory framework, construction work relating to:
- the stripping of all types of buildings, civil engineering works and equipment intended for public use (also includes the removal of asbestos)
- the total or partial demolition of buildings, civil engineering works and equipment intended for public use as well as installations that are not attached to a building, including the demolition program, demolition and restoration of the work site
- the paving of roads, streets, parking lots using asphalt, concrete cement, pavers or any other type of surfacing material
- repairs to potholes, buckling or cracks in the pavement as well as the construction of speed bumps
- prefabricated or cast sidewalk curbs including sidewalks
- parking lots consisting of pavers, concrete, granite, etc.
- retaining walls consisting of pavers
- fences required for the use of a building or civil engineering structure such as a penitentiary, electrical substation, daycare centre or school, metal anti-glare fences along roads as well as all fences erected in a park, along a highway, etc.
- the maintenance of equipment connected to an electrical installation such as the replacement of parts (gate opening systems, detectors, etc.).
NOTE: It should be noted that any construction contractor can carry out demolition work governed by his subclass. He can, for instance, remove asbestos on behalf of an insulation contractor (7.0) or building contractor (1.2).
NOTE: The contractor licenced in this subclass can dismantle an electrical installation that has first been disconnected by an electrical contractor or the distributor, as the case may be, since this type of work is not within the exclusive domain of electrical contractors. The same applies to the dismantling of an installation for the use, storage or distribution of gas or petroleum equipment, provided these installations have first been disconnected, emptied and secured.
NO LICENCE IS REQUIRED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- the construction of private roads and other works on a private property, such as walls and other landscaping work
- work on steps consisting of concrete blocks and pavers that rest on gravel, providing access to a building to which they are not attached, and complete the landscaping
- the construction of fences around buildings, except those that are mandatory given the buildings’ intended purpose (see above)