3.2 Contractor – Small concrete works
This subclass authorizes construction work relating to concrete formwork for the footings and foundation walls of buildings governed by Part 9 of the 1995 National Building Code of Canada (CNRC 38726), as adopted in Chapter 1 of the Construction Code (chapter B-1.1, r.2), regardless of exemptions provided for in section II of the Regulation respecting the application of the Building Act (chapter B-1.1, r.1) and other concrete structures and work, concrete reinforcement and finishing, as well as similar and related work.
This subclass is included, in its entirety, in subclass 3.1.
This subclass authorizes, without exceeding the regulatory framework, construction work relating to:
- concrete formwork for the footings and foundation walls of stipulated buildings
- concreting work and the reinforcement of concrete sidewalks and curbs
- insulating concrete formwork
- erection and dismantling of falsework or temporary structures
- concrete placement
- steel reinforcements, cutting and moulding onsite, installation, assembly using metal rods or mesh
- concrete finishing
- the application of hardeners and sealers, waterproofing or other similar products on concrete floors and slabs
- waterproof concrete screed
- the injection of sealing products or grout (into walls and floors), to repair cracks
- concrete patios adjacent to the building
- concrete balconies
- epoxy cement floor coverings
- the repair and finishing of a concrete floor, slab or sidewalk
- stamped or exposed aggregate concrete works
- placement of self-levelling concrete
- cutting and drilling of asphalt, cement, stone and rock concrete
- the removal of all forms.
NOTE: The work, which a concrete works contractor is authorized to carry out, excludes excavation work, the installation of drains, waterproofing foundations, as well as connections to sewer and waterworks systems, etc.
NO LICENCE IS REQUIRED FOR THE FOLLOWING: