Régie du bâtiment du Québec

  • Fr

Searching for a contractor or a licence number: consult the Licence holders' repertory.

According to our language policy​​​​​​​, only certain contents may be translated. Visit the French version to obtain all the information.

Report an accident

Before you begin

You should report to the Régie du bâtiment du Québec (RBQ) any accident:
  • that occurs in a building intended for use by the public
  • that is connected with any of the following facilities: elevators or other elevating devices, amusement park rides, passengers ropeways or bathing places
  • that is connected with any of the following installations: electricity, gas, plumbing or pressure vessels.
If the report concerns petroleum equipment, please use the form entitled Relevé d’événement des équipements pétroliers [Fr] – PDF (516 KB). The information that you forward to the RBQ will be used to ensure that the building, facility or installation does not present a risk for the safety of users or persons present in the building.

Confidentiality and acknowledgement of receipt

The RBQ will respect the confidentiality of all the personal information you provide. Your identity will not be disclosed. If you wish to receive an acknowledgement of receipt after filing a report, please include your contact information on the form. Complete the Accident report form